Monday, September 22, 2008

Dialogue



Take this scene from The Godfather (Coppola, 1972).

The Godfather, Don Corleone, receives visitors in his office on the day of his daughter’s wedding.
Johnny Fontane, the famous singing artist, in a desperate state pleads with Don Corleone to “persuade” certain Hollywood producers to offer him a new record contract.

: 03 Johnny Fontane: Godfather, I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what to do.

Abruptly, standing and shaking Fontane while yelling at him.

Godfather: You can act like a man (slaps him in the face). What’s the matter with you? This is how you’ve turned, he’s been in Hollywood so many years cries like a woman.

:15 Mocking him with heavy sobbing
What can I do? What can I do?

Reaching out in a comforting manner
:25 Godfather: Come here. You look terrible. I want you to eat. I want you to rest well. In a month from now this Hollywood big-shot is going to give you what you want.

:40 Fontane: Too late, they start shooting in a week.

:45 Godfather: I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Now watch this!



You must create dialogue for this scene from Adhisaya Piravi (1990).

• These characters must have names.
• You must supply dialogue for all spoken parts (They are speaking Tamil)• You must describe major physical asides. If your main character is on the verge of taking another man’s manhood with his foot, then you must indicate this.
• You must provide a reference to time that coincides with the video running time.
• You must also include the video.

If there is another video of comparable time and dialogue usage, run it by me and I am sure it will be fine.

If you would like to kill 32 minutes, watch some more of Adhisaya Piravi. It is soooo bad it’s good.

Goli MAR!

DUE Friday

No comments: